Wednesday, June 16, 2004

AudioRPG

RPGMP3.COM
A nice idea creating audio recordings of rpgs and making em availabe for all to hear..

some quotes:
from the Cthulhu "The Haunting" runthrough
"I've guy 80% proficiency with both shotguns. regular and sawn off..."

And from the D&D temple of elemental evil.
"I don't have spellcraft but I think he just cast invisibility.. cause I can't see him. anymore."

Quality ain't brilliant and a lot of the banter is lost especially from those players who ain't near the mike.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is a great idea.

I don't get to RP much nowadays and it lets me get my fix while I am surfing the net. I do not think the quality is so bad. It is not recording studio quality but I think if it was it would sound fake and staged.

Love it. Hope they keep it up!

Tyg said...

Hi anonymous ;)
I rellly like the idea (thats why I posted about it.) I wasn't criticising the quality. just trying to foreward people. I understand that its a necessity to encode the mp3 at a lower bitrate to allow for the streaming audio especially for the dial up.

I think the fact that there is a fair bit of background noise from the other games going on in the room is what makes it tricky to follow sometimes. We recorded our session the other day and it sounded great. really clear. again.. not studio quality ( I had a crappy p.c mike) but pretty good nonetheless.

I certainly wish the guys there the best of luck . and I'm looking forward to the next installment!